Trondheim is the third biggest city in Norway.
- 1 Chr. Piene's Model T
- 2 Greger Strøm
- 3 The Spiders of Trondheim
- 4 Club 8 and Mobilia Stekhus
- 5 American Car Club Established
- 6 Nordic Special Racers of Trondheim, Norway
- 7 Hot Rods of Trondheim, Norway
- 8 Custom Cars of Trondheim, Norway
- 9 Custom Painted Cars of Trondheim, Norway
- 10 Citizens of Trondheim, Norway
- 11 References
Chr. Piene's Model T
In the Summer of 1960 Bjørn, Oddvar Kr Karlsen, Kjell Moholt, Einar Breiseth, Harald Solstad, Greta Moholt and Tore Madsen formed a Norwegian chapter of the Swedish raggar club The Spiders in Trondheim.
Club 8 and Mobilia Stekhus
In the 1960s, several teenagers of Trondheim were in possession of American automobiles. Many of these worked at Fische, a local Ford dealership. They were allowed to use the canteen at Fische as a hangout. Known as "Club 8," the canteen at Fische became the first disco of Trondheim, as a sailor had brought this concept with him back home. "Club 8" wasn't a car club, so several of the teens with an interest for automobiles began to hang out at Mobilia Stekhus instead.
American Car Club Established
Nordic Special Racers of Trondheim, Norway
Hot Rods of Trondheim, Norway
Claus and Stig Jørgensen's 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan
Custom Cars of Trondheim, Norway
Bjørn Tømmervik and Ivar Buxrud's 1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air
Einar Valsjø's 1952 Mercury
Bjørn Tømmervik's 1955 Ford Crown Victoria Pick Up
Geir Johansen's 1957 Ford Skyliner
Harald Sannum's 1958 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner
Harald Sannum's 1959 Chevrolet Impala
Custom Painted Cars of Trondheim, Norway
Einar Valsjø's 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
Citizens of Trondheim, Norway
Did you enjoy this article?
Kustomrama is an encyclopedia dedicated to preserve, share and protect traditional hot rod and custom car history from all over the world.
- Help us keep Kustomrama and history alive. For as little as 1 USD a month you can become a monthly supporter. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to our free newsletter and receive regular updates and stories from Kustomrama.
- Do you know someone who would enjoy this article? Click here to forward it.
Can you help us make this article better?
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional information or photos to share about Trondheim.
This article was made possible by:
SunTec Auto Glass - Auto Glass Services on Vintage and Classic Cars
Finding a replacement windshield, back or side glass can be a difficult task when restoring your vintage or custom classic car. It doesn't have to be though now with auto glass specialist companies like www.suntecautoglass.com. They can source OEM or OEM-equivalent glass for older makes/models; which will ensure a proper fit every time. Check them out for more details!
Do you want to see your company here? Click here for more info about how you can advertise your business on Kustomrama.